Missing games from Oric.Org

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
iss
Wing Commander

Re: Missing games from Oric.Org

Post by iss »

coolman66 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:36 pm...KITASTRO...
I played a little bit with the KITASTRO and attached are:
  • kitastro.src.zip - sources used to build the full DSK and TAP variants;
  • kitastro.dsk.zip - DSK version;
  • kitastro-full.tap.zip - TAP version.
FYI: To convert WAV to TAP simply load it in Oricutron and CSAVE it!
Of course everything depends on the particular case but in common it's pretty easy ;).
Attachments
kitastro-full.tap.zip
(7.08 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
kitastro.dsk.zip
(28.93 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
kitastro.src.zip
(359.6 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Actually this program is in Musepat archive, in full TAP version (along with many others posted here). Not sure the archive is still available online somewhere?

BTW:
iss wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:18 pm FYI: To convert WAV to TAP simply load it in Oricutron and CSAVE it!
Of course everything depends on the particular case but in common it's pretty easy ;).
If doing so, I'd suggest using a copy program (like Deblock or Multicopy) to load / save, so it preserves a minimum the original header: name, start and end addresses, and so on. Be aware this method might not let you know exactly if/where there are loading errors - but I suppose it's still better than having nothing :wink:
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

The programs i have been putting on are from those archives i think there are two that i have one called EDITEURS and one called INCONNUS i honestly cant remember when or were they came from ?
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

I have just one or two more programs that id like to share one is by ASN DIFFUSION called "APPRENDRE le BASIC sur ORIC unfortunately its 21 files each working independent of each other so uploading it three files a time (the max on here ) will take a while , if anyone thinks its worth it ,views !
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Again, why not ZIP them all in one single ZIP archive and upload the ZIP file here?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

coolman66 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:01 pm I have just one or two more programs that id like to share one is by ASN DIFFUSION called "APPRENDRE le BASIC sur ORIC unfortunately its 21 files each working independent of each other so uploading it three files a time (the max on here ) will take a while , if anyone thinks its worth it ,views !
It's already all there ;)
https://www.oric.org/software/apprendre ... -1554.html
(log in and see "stuff" section at the bottom, I don't know why all files were zipped independantly and put there instead of a big ZIP file, a bit strange but hey, why not - maybe I even did this myself for some reason back then).
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Thanks I was looking for a sign that said TAP next to its name up top , sorry !
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Sorry I've not contributed recently, been doing other things. I do still have many games to add but I just came across "Cricket" on eBay which is selling for £20. I know it's a rare and missing game and 10 years ago I would likely have bought it. Sadly these days I have no means to test or transfer the game but thought I'd post it here in case anyone was interested in it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284402772997 ... SwUG1hEXTp
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Coming to the end of the programs I have to upload but here is one that ive not seen on ORIC.ORG !
COCKTAILS.TAP
(28.66 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Hi Dave thanks to your urging I put in a bid for “ CRICKET “ and it arrived today , I hope at some point to have it made into a tap file to share on here , I not able to do it but perhaps some one can suggest an answer ?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Great news!

It's way too long to explain the complete process in detail, dealing with errors and so on. I once wrote a (something like) 8 pages-long article about it, but it's outdated now and don't have time to start it all over again.
The easiest way would be to record it on your computer as a WAV file (at 44kHz in stereo, and if possible 8-bits format but 16-bits will do it if you can't), then post it somewhere so I could try and convert it!

You'd then "just" have to scan the inlay, docs, tapes for Oric.org ;)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Well the inlay and docs have been scanned already. (back in 2017.) I did a recording of the B side which is music Rob Cook did on the Oric.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Steve M wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:48 pm Well the inlay and docs have been scanned already. (back in 2017.) I did a recording of the B side which is music Rob Cook did on the Oric.
Oh great, it's almost done then, providing the tape aged well ;)
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

I’m afraid my trusty Oric tape player has let me down , after 20 years in the attic it refuses to work . My only hope is that someone with a working tape recorder will offer to convert the tape ( if possible ) to a wav file and possibly to a tap file . I would at my own cost to send and to return the tape to any one who would take on the task . Please consider it would benefit the Oric community in that it be put on ORIC.ORG for everyone ?
PS I would send it by recorded delivery if possible which is in the UK a secure and safe way to post stuff .
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

coolman66 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:58 pm I’m afraid my trusty Oric tape player has let me down , after 20 years in the attic it refuses to work . My only hope is that someone with a working tape recorder will offer to convert the tape ( if possible ) to a wav file and possibly to a tap file . I would at my own cost to send and to return the tape to any one who would take on the task . Please consider it would benefit the Oric community in that it be put on ORIC.ORG for everyone ?
PS I would send it by recorded delivery if possible which is in the UK a secure and safe way to post stuff .
If you don't find anyone nearby - I've been doing this for 25 years, but I'm in France ;) Although I never had major problems, it's still safer for the tape to avoid shipping it.
When I used to have more spare time, I even contacted Ebay sellers / buyers to save titles we didn't know. It worked sometimes ;)
Steve, Dave and a few other also provided many recordings, some are still on my neverending "todo list".

Just for the record, the conversion of Zorgons Revenge demo tape also was an amazing example of international co-operation:
https://forum.defence-force.org/viewtop ... =20&t=1974