file called file

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
coolman66
Flying Officer

file called file

Post by coolman66 »

i have come across in my programs one that instead of an of an extension of wav or tap it just says .file which if i try to share it it comes up with an error meassage , is there a way to make the shareable I.E .Tap files ?
Chema
Game master

Re: file called file

Post by Chema »

I am not sure I understood. Do you simply want to share it here? Why not zip it? Else, if the extension is a problem, why not simply change it to .tap or something else?

If the file is not a tape image and you don't know what it is, simply zip and share it here, so we can have a look :)
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Thanks my friend it was that easy just changing the file extensions , i have put the problem program in the missing games on ORIC.ORG part of the site . the only other problem that one of the files which i think is the loader file is a wav file which i believe is a problem with them being so big . I hope one of the tech guys might convert the wav file to make it all tap files ?
Jonh
Pilot Officer

Post by Jonh »

I've got a feeling this 'Kit' was 4 stand-alone programs on one tape. Each of the first three programs says 'Stop the tape' as soon as it has loaded, and starts with detailed instructions on that 'module'. I suspect the WAV file is simply the original tape containing the 4 programs. I've put it on Oric.org in this way... until someone finds something different!

[EDIT: ...as they have! There is indeed a loader menu :D ]