Disc based games

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
tgrimwood
1st Star Corporal

Disc based games

Post by tgrimwood »

Now that I have a Cumana Reborn, I want to get the best out of my Atmos. Can you guys recommend the best disc-based games to download, please?

I already have Space 1999, Blake's 7, 1337.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Disc based games

Post by ibisum »

Don't forget that almost any game can be a Disc-based game, with TAP2DSK ..

StormLord and SkoolDaze are pretty darned fun. I haven't finished Impossible Mission, but my lady almost did ..

https://www.defence-force.org/index.php?page=games
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

There's things like Magnetix, Pulsoids and Zip n Zap. All from Twilighte.

I had a lot of other programs on disk like Sonix. I had Lorigraph and Easytext on there too. I don't suppose there is much call for word processors these days, but with a disk-based system you could really use the Oric for all kinds of things. There is a lot of utilities and other stuff that gets forgotten about.

Generally speaking the focus has been on getting the original tape versions catalogued. Now there is more interest in disk systems again perhaps we should look at releasing more disk versions(?)
One problem with disk though is that you can have maybe 20 titles on a single disk so things can get lost.

The Rhetoric and OUM disks have compilations of material which include various programs with games. Some rare stuff.
IJK titles were put onto a collection of 3 disks. I'm not sure if they are available online(?) I think I've seen them.

I make up disks with my favourite titles. It takes seconds to load, which is so much better than waiting minutes.
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »