IJK interface diagrams.

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Re: IJK interface diagrams.

Post by Silicebit. »

HigashiJun wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 am... Dbug (because he showed interest) and - if interested - kenneth and Silicebit. (for their help with the interface) would have priority on the waiting list. So only one unit would remain for someone else...
Thank you very much for your offer, HigashiJun, but I'm more interested in the Protek programmable interface.

Cheers.
Oric user since 1984. YouTube
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Silicebit. »

Thanks a lot for your efforts kenneth, this PCB looks very professional!! :-)
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Silicebit. wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 pm...but I'm more interested in the Protek programmable interface.
programable-joystick.jpg
programable-joystick.jpg (284.93 KiB) Viewed 7596 times
Here is it - the programmable joystick. It was in very bad condition but now is fixed and works fine.
It's on my ToDo list for rebuild. I'm searching a way to read the content of PAL chips but it's clear for me how it works so it's possible to make it from scratch.

About the IJK interface: I have new working prototype with less chips, smaller and nice looking - will be available next month when postal shipping starts working regularly.
HigashiJun
Flying Officer

Post by HigashiJun »

Thanks for everybody's feedback.

I don't want to force anyone, and of course if Dbug prefers iss' made, there's no problem at all.

Cheers.
HigashiJun
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

HigashiJun wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm Thanks for everybody's feedback.

I don't want to force anyone, and of course if Dbug prefers iss' made, there's no problem at all.

Cheers.
It's not really a question of preference, ultimately what would matter to me is that:
- it behaves like the original IJK interface and works well with IJK game
- the more it looks like the original interface, the better it is for my videos since I'm trying to present vintage stuff that I unfortunately do not own :(
rjiji
Private

Post by rjiji »

hi
a little box for IJk interface . :D

Sorry for my poor english.. flag_fr

JC
HigashiJun
Flying Officer

Post by HigashiJun »

Seems it's still a prototype and needs a bit of enhancements (especially for the DB9 holes) and some polishing, otherwise really promising...

You could even save on filament making it less deep.

Anyway, thanks for sharing !

Cheers.
HigashiJun
HigashiJun
Flying Officer

Post by HigashiJun »

Silicebit. wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 pm
HigashiJun wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 am... Dbug (because he showed interest) and - if interested - kenneth and Silicebit. (for their help with the interface) would have priority on the waiting list. So only one unit would remain for someone else...
Thank you very much for your offer, HigashiJun, but I'm more interested in the Protek programmable interface.

Cheers.
I perfectly understand you, Silicebit.

The Protek interface is really nice and I would rather use it than the IJK one, but as I told to kenneth, there's no way to get working simultaneously my Cumana reborn and a joystick interface on the same port... So the best solution for me is to stick with the IJK, because at least it doesn't hog Oric's sound.
HigashiJun
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Address decoding compatibility is a big hurdle on the expansion bus: I was happy to find out that the mysterious device I asked about a couple years ago, IS indeed a MIDI+Serial interface, and it is designed to have an address range that does not conflict with the Microdisc, which probably means I could also have the Oric Speech Synthesiser running at the same time because that one has a jumper block allowing to select which set of memory addresses it will use.

I wish all expansions could use something like that, but then that would be like on PC with the sound card settings to select the I/O Port and IRQ :D
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

>MIDI+Serial interface
+
>Oric Speech Synthesizer

== ibisum SQUEEEEE!

I want these two devices on my Orics' ASAP.
HigashiJun
Flying Officer

Post by HigashiJun »

Dbug wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:22 am Address decoding compatibility is a big hurdle on the expansion bus: I was happy to find out that the mysterious device I asked about a couple years ago, IS indeed a MIDI+Serial interface, and it is designed to have an address range that does not conflict with the Microdisc, which probably means I could also have the Oric Speech Synthesiser running at the same time because that one has a jumper block allowing to select which set of memory addresses it will use.

I wish all expansions could use something like that, but then that would be like on PC with the sound card settings to select the I/O Port and IRQ :D
C'est l'exception qui confirme la règle... :D

(The exception makes the rule)

Cheers.
HigashiJun
Mustangus
Officer Cadet

Post by Mustangus »

If anyone is interested i have ordered some boards. Pricwe not sure yet but i will have enough boards and parts for about 50. So i can do just board or made up. I will be making a 3d printed case maybe in style of Atmos or perhaps Oric 1.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Damn, if somebody had told me that I could source IJK Joystick interfaces from three different people, I would not have believed it!
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Silicebit. »

HigashiJun wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:43 am I perfectly understand you, Silicebit.

... there's no way to get working simultaneously my Cumana reborn and a joystick interface on the same port.......
For the moment. :wink:
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Silicebit. »

iss wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:53 pm
Silicebit. wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 pm...but I'm more interested in the Protek programmable interface.
programable-joystick.jpg

Here is it - the programmable joystick. It was in very bad condition but now is fixed and works fine.
It's on my ToDo list for rebuild. I'm searching a way to read the content of PAL chips but it's clear for me how it works so it's possible to make it from scratch.

About the IJK interface: I have new working prototype with less chips, smaller and nice looking - will be available next month when postal shipping starts working regularly.
Hi iss!

I'm very interested in how works this interface. ;-)