Worth of Oric Atmos packet

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Mikksu1975
Private

Worth of Oric Atmos packet

Post by Mikksu1975 »

tempImageDvrt32.gif
Hi! I am a Commodore hobbyist from Finland. I know little about Oric. I have received such hardware at some point. What a worth such an entity is, if I put it up for sale. I can't find power supply for that microdisc drive. Oric works I have tested it. I think some games are unused, pretty good shape anyway.
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Worth of Oric Atmos packet

Post by Dbug »

From what I see pretty much all the software you have is very common and not particularly valuable... but having the six with their black cardboard box in such a good condition is quite uncommon. The cardboard they came from is worth more than the game :D

Otherwise, you have an Oric Atmos (common item but looks in good shape), a Microdisc unit (the most valuable part of the entire lot, assuming it works), and the big black box contains a crappy joystick interface with a couple of crappy games (I have the same at home, that's the model of interface that corrupts the sound when you move the joystick).

Do you have the cables, power bricks and some floppies with it?

EDIT: just saw you wrote you did not have the microdisc PSU
Mikksu1975
Private

Post by Mikksu1975 »

Yes I have the cables, and Oric power supply. 3 Floppies.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

If you look on the back on the disc unit, does it has a red reset button?

If it had one, then it's a master drive, which comes with the controller board, if it does not have one, then it's a slave drive, so basically just a 3" floppy disk in a case (much less useful).
Mikksu1975
Private

Post by Mikksu1975 »

Yes, there is the reset button.
Mikksu1975
Private

Post by Mikksu1975 »

tempImagewFwdOK.gif
Found Oric Magazine :)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Oric disks on the right of the picture in branded packaging - which is interesting. I don't recall seeing that before.

It's a shame there is no Microdisc PSU. It'd be worth a good amount if it could be shown to be working.
Without the power supply it needs someone that already has a PSU - but it should still be worth a good amount.
Last edited by Steve M on Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

Seems it wants 9V and 12V, nothing that couldn't be done from existing power bricks, you just need to make sure of the pinout, and negative reference, is it like the ORIC with -4V or is it referenced to ground…