My Erebus arrived. Unbox & Test Video

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
OricSociety
2nd Star Corporal

My Erebus arrived. Unbox & Test Video

Post by OricSociety »

Looky what arrived.... my Erebus.
So cool!
TJ

btw, I added link at the end of the video to this website! Hope it brings some new traffic here too.

https://youtu.be/YoZ_qmVp5D8
kenneth
Squad Leader

Re: My Erebus arrived. Unbox & Test Video

Post by kenneth »

Nice video, thanks for the links. 8)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Regarding the booting problem, are you doing on/off on the mains, or is it an on/off switch on the actual 9v input?

I've never had an Oric that would start if the 9v was already connected and the you would plug the power brick, that's why I've installed a switch on the cable that connects to the Oric itself.

You can see the switch I'm using in this video:
OricSociety
2nd Star Corporal

Post by OricSociety »

As I am using an Up Transformer here in USA, I already have all the power cords connected and brick plugged in and the Up Transformer has an on/off switch.

I will try leaving the power cord unplugged from the Atmos this next time and have all powered up before I plug the cord back into the rear of the Atmos and see what happens.

Thanks

TJ

Dbug wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:19 am Regarding the booting problem, are you doing on/off on the mains, or is it an on/off switch on the actual 9v input?

I've never had an Oric that would start if the 9v was already connected and the you would plug the power brick, that's why I've installed a switch on the cable that connects to the Oric itself.

You can see the switch I'm using in this video: <edited out>
OricSociety
2nd Star Corporal

Post by OricSociety »

Seems you are onto something here. Have one booted twice but... this time I turned on Up Transformer 1st and then once done, plugged in power lead into the Atmos, and both times she booted right away! Good news so far.

Maybe an In-Line on/off switch could help me here.

TJ
Dbug wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:19 am Regarding the booting problem, are you doing on/off on the mains, or is it an on/off switch on the actual 9v input?