Hi & ZX Spectrum Museum & Jasmin system

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
jdramos
Private

Hi & ZX Spectrum Museum & Jasmin system

Post by jdramos »

Hi everyone,
my name is João Ramos and I'm the founder of the World's first ZX Spectrum museum which is based in Portugal. It's a unique project, built from my collection of Sinclair, TIMEX, etc materials related to computing and many other things.
loadzx.com

With the local involvement of the TIMEX unit in the 80s we wanted to homage those pioneers that gave us our first home computers - in Portugal the Spectrum was huge.

But in the museum we also have an area with other computers where we have the Oric-1 and Oric Atmos. So, the reason I am here is to learn about the Oric computers - I bought them recently and I did not play with them as a child - and also to see if anyone can help me to find a Jasmin drive.

Happy to meet you all.

Cheers.
Vyper68
Flying Officer

Re: Hi & ZX Spectrum Museum & Jasmin system

Post by Vyper68 »

Welcome João, I have both Speccy’s and Oric’s myself and you have come to the right place for Information on our underrated little 8-bit micros :D
Oric Extended Basic V1.1
(C) 1983 Tangerine
37631 Bytes Free
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I mentioned your Jasmin question yesterday in the CEO video meeting, and the first answer was "ok, but which Jasmin model" because there seem to be quite a few variants, like two revisions of Jasmin 1, the Jasmin 2, and possibly other.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Looks like there's a Jasmin on ebay right now... not particularly cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403176198584?h ... fresh=true