Sound hacking and Oricutron: Paste from clipboard in Atmos mode?

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Chema
Game master

Re: Sound hacking and Oricutron: Paste from clipboard in Atmos mode?

Post by Chema »

iss wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:04 pm @Chema: I never had issues with the keyboard and character mapping, if you want we can try to fix it.
I have here Oricutron_win64-20181004. Surely has a different keymapping as I simply get no output from some keys and " is at SHIFT+ ', where I have ? in my PC, and it is not following the Oric's keyboard layout either. The config file has this:

Code: Select all

autoload_keyboard_mapping = 'keymap/my_keymap.kma'
But I have no keymap folder and no example of how the file should look like.

I also have Oricutron_win32-20190918 here, which behaves similarly.

I suppose it is difficult to simply use the PC keyboard mapping OR the Oric layout as two simple options?

Both include an oricutron.exe and oricutron-sdl.exe (I guess the latter has sdl as a static library as it is much larger).

I am quite sure some bugs where solved (probably saving data arrays, for instance, maybe the telestrat mode) but I am also quite sure some things did not run as expected (cannot remember what). I have just open the menu (which is black instead of blue, btw) and changed the rendering to software, and it freezed (32 bit version). I did it again, just for testing, and freezed again :( The option with no static sdl library did not freeze. The Rev number is 5fd606b. Sometimes they seem to get back to life after some seconds.

The same happens in the 64 bit version, which is rev: 07f5eae

In the end I keep them both for whenever I need something that is not working on the usual stable 1.2 version, which is the one I use normally.

Now that I am at it :) how about solving the tape problems? Oricutron saves only in ort and this does not work at turbo speed. That is quite inconvenient. I had to create a ort2tap hack.

Also now that people have cumana reborn and gotek it might be interesting if Oricutron supported the amstrad CPC EDSK format. It is just a container, albeit more complex than our DSK, but the HxC software is able to convert the oric dsk to edsk (not the other way round) and it is natively supported by the Gotex software and the new MiST, MiSTer and SiDi Oric cores.
:mrgreen:
christian
Pilot Officer

Post by christian »

keymap file:
use 1 line per keycode to translate, with the following pattern: <SDL_host_keycode> : <SDL_oric_keycode>

Here is the file I use on my french laptop (decimal values):

Code: Select all

38 : 49
233 : 50
34 : 51
39 : 52
40 : 53
45 : 54
232 : 55
95 : 56
231 : 57
224 : 48
41 : 45
61 : 61
33 : 92
94 : 91
36 : 93
249 : 59
42 : 39
59 : 46
58 : 47
The host keycode is the ASCII/SDL code when the keyboard is in lower case mode.
The Oric keycode is the ASCII code when the keyboard is in CAPS mode and no SHIFT key pressed.

So my keyboard mapping is (with original rom)
  • &=> 1
  • é => 2
  • " => 3
  • ' => 4
  • ( => 5
  • - => 6
  • è => 7
  • _ => 8
  • ç => 9
  • à => 0
  • ) => -
  • = => =
  • ! => \
  • ^ => [
  • $ => ]
  • ù => ;
  • * => '
  • ; => .
  • : => /
chema wrote: Oricutron saves only in ort
That's true only if you select "Save tape output" or press F9.
If you just type CSAVE "MYPROG" without the "Save tape output" option, Oricutron create the MYPROG.tap file in .tap format.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

christian wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:50 am keymap file:
use 1 line per keycode to translate, with the following pattern: <SDL_host_keycode> : <SDL_oric_keycode>

Here is the file I use on my french laptop (decimal values):
Thank you so much, Christian. But anyway you cannot expect every user to manually create his own keymap file, can you? I mean, the 1.2 version followed the Oric's layout which is perfect. Then I guess an single on/off option to map to the system keymap would be nice. The configurable keymap is awesome, but imho as an option and with a clear example and instructions. Maybe even with the entries of the keys you want to remap only.
chema wrote: Oricutron saves only in ort
That's true only if you select "Save tape output" or press F9.
If you just type CSAVE "MYPROG" without the "Save tape output" option, Oricutron create the MYPROG.tap file in .tap format.
Yeah, but only if you use the ROM routines, I think. Not sure about what it does in Oric-1 mode, but surely The Quill did not save anything in tap or wav, only in ort, so it is impossible to do anything with that. Only load it back in Oricutron. That, along with the menu options, is, at least, a rather confusing process. Anyway, that is just in a wishlist :)

All the tape handling is a bit of a mess, I think. Users around which are not used to our system and to these forums have lots of problems making this kind of things work.