3k FreeCell

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Dbug
Site Admin

3k FreeCell

Post by Dbug »

It's finally been released, was participating yesterday in the 'Game dev' compo at the @party.
There was only two competitors, and I made the second place. Well, does not matter :)

The full results are here: http://atparty-demoscene.net/results/
And you can download the game on pouet.net: http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=61475

I will add a real page on Defence Force, but did not have the time yet.
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Re: 3k FreeCell

Post by peacer »

Seeing the regard page made for Jonathan almost made me cry..

The game was so nice.

I have a question though.

Maybe I am wrong about that but as far as I know we could transfer more than one pile of cards from one column to another if possible.

As seen in this screenshot, I need to transfer red 6, black 5 and red 4 to under any of black 7s. So how can I chose three cards at the same time?

Maybe different game rules are applied here and each time one card movement is possible.

I know I can use spare places each time but selection of more than one cards might help?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I did not implement the multiple card moving as one block, so you have to do it one by one by using the free-cells and available spots.
It was on my list of things to do, but I never found the courage (plus I wanted to make it fit in 2kb).

That being said, I'm going to put the source code on the SVN depot, and anyone is free to use that one as a base to make a complete version, possibly with a solver, etc...
As long as you don't try to fit in a small amount of code it becomes much easier :)

Glad you liked it.
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Aaand done :)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

That is great, Dbug. Congrats. It is a very nice game, and I also like the reference to Twilighte a lot.

I must confess I always sucked at FreeCell. But being able to play it on the Oric may make me try harder!
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

This is a really impressive piece of coding and I cannot believe it fills less than 3K :shock:

I'd like to add this to my Gamebase if that's agreeable with yourself Dbug, however I'm unsure of how to name it as this thread and the Oric.Org entry call it '3k FreeCell' but in-game it appears to be 'FreeCellOric'. Help please!!!
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

dave3622 wrote:This is a really impressive piece of coding and I cannot believe it fills less than 3K :shock:

I'd like to add this to my Gamebase if that's agreeable with yourself Dbug, however I'm unsure of how to name it as this thread and the Oric.Org entry call it '3k FreeCell' but in-game it appears to be 'FreeCellOric'. Help please!!!
Oops, forgot to change that.

I prefer "3k FreeCell" because it shows clearly it's a minigame :)
I will fix the name when I find the time.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

It's a very nice game.... but i didn't success on it at the moment
I think i'll have to spend a lot of time to grab the success screen

Thanks for it Dbug
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

coco.oric wrote:It's a very nice game.... but i didn't success on it at the moment
I think i'll have to spend a lot of time to grab the success screen

Thanks for it Dbug
Some of the games are much easier than other, if you want to retry a particular game later, just enter the number and you will have the same cards shuffled.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

I may have found a bug :)

When trying to put back a card from the 4 stack, the card was "duplicated" and I wasn't able to put it back to the 4 stack, only UNDO worked.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Godzil wrote:I may have found a bug :)

When trying to put back a card from the 4 stack, the card was "duplicated" and I wasn't able to put it back to the 4 stack, only UNDO worked.
Ok, need to check that.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

'been playing it for a while now (as betatester ;-)), and still enjoy a quick game from time to time!
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Some ads:

"Me? I always use my Oric to play Freecell, as it's the best platform to play it!"

"Since I discover Freecell on Oric, I never played another version anymore, my Oric follow me everywhere!"
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I've been playing a game quickly while drinking my morning coffee, and I crashed the game ;)
I'm playing Freecell 4k, the version where the games can be chosen by typing the game number.
The game crashes when I put a 16th card in a column (which can be achieved if a king is at the bottom for instance).

There are also small graphic glitches here or there with strings at the bottom, or when many cards are stockpiled.

So if your "to do list" has less than 50 items Dbug, maybe you can add this one :mrgreen:
Now that the 4k competition is over, I suspect that if needed, the limit can be crossed.
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

Symoon wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:16 am So if your "to do list" has less than 50 items Dbug, maybe you can add this one :mrgreen:
Even if I would prefer DBug to spent time implementing his smart ideas on castoric rather than fixing the Free Cell, I must admit that I feel attracted by any ideas that would bring Dbug back to Oric programming. So I almost associate to this request. :-)

NB: I find Symoon is very courageous in his attempt to insert something in DBug's todo list.
If he succeed, he'll become a guru for me.