Bocco's adventures

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
rax
Flying Officer

Re: Bocco's adventures

Post by rax »

Yes Dom this is the problem in the version. It is fixed in version 1.03. I also noticed that the door didn't show correctly in version 1.02 and corrected it in version 1.03 :).

Dbug wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 pm
Symoon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:18 pm But I'm quite sure it happened to me before. I tried to search the forum but it seems that the search engine has sometimes difficulties finding very old posts - and that Dbug already told about issues with the search.
It's not really an issue with old messages, it's more the fact that the search engine of PHPBB is actually the default search of MySQL, and this does not index anything that is three characters or less, which would be ok if on the Oric we are not often discussing about ROM, RAM, ULA, CPU, YM, AY, WAV, DSK, TAP, 3", ... which kind of makes it super useless :'(
Searching for words with less than 4 characters (3 characters) is the default MYSQL server behavior (exactly on Fulltext search). You can try to use "ft_min_word_len = 3" in its configuration file on the MYSQL server ( my.cnf ). Remember to restart and rebuild indexes. I hope this helps.
rax
Flying Officer

Post by rax »

Dom, I would be glad if you show the level you did :).
Dom
Flying Officer

Post by Dom »

Hi,
I did all levels from 0 to 10 :)
And once again, thanks a lot for this very good game!
But perhaps you do not know,...well... In fact...., I am an horrible cheater :)

By the way, Do you want, you all, to cheat a little bit ?
Ok, If spiders, bats and other snakes bother you while you are in search for the "right way" to collect all the chests, then type in:
BOCCO, N: DOKE # 07F4, # 044C: DOKE # 07F6, # EA0C: CALL # 503
and as a result .... no more monsters! (except the skeletons which appear only when all the chests have been collected)
Once the right path learned by "heart", you just have to replay the level with the monsters to adjust your trajectories.
Dom
Flying Officer

Post by Dom »

Hi,
if you need help, follow this link

http://oric.forumactif.org/t847-bocco-s-adventures

You will find the solution for the 11 levels :)
rax
Flying Officer

Post by rax »

Very good work Dom. Maybe it's time for new levels. :)
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Indeed! Well done, @Dom.
For sake of backup Dom's file is attached below.
Attachments
Solution_Bocco.zip
(350 KiB) Downloaded 216 times