Cumulus with Wifi/SD Card?

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
Dbug
Site Admin

Cumulus with Wifi/SD Card?

Post by Dbug » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:27 pm

The other day when I was testing my SpeechSynthesizer, I had to compile on my pc, copy to the SD card, unplug the SD card, plug it in the cumulus, reset the Oric, check it worked, remove the SD card, plug it back in the PC, ... rince and repeat.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with these SD Cards that have embedded wifi controllers, and if that would work with a Cumulus or HxC floppy emulator?

EDIT: The Toshiba FlashAir seems to support the possibility to be mounted as a network drive and to upload, if it's compatible with the Cumulus that would be a timesaver.
A video of the card in action by a guy doing 3D Printing:

iss
Squad Leader

Re: Cumulus with Wifi/SD Card?

Post by iss » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:22 pm

This is very interesting device indeed! I bought a cheap one and after month will give feedback how it works with cumulus :).
If it works this will be not only timesaver for developers (and for lazy users ;)) but also will preserve the SD card connector which in cumulus is very fragile part!
ezshare.jpg
It's only adapter (i.e. additionally needs micro SD card but I have lot around here). Let see how it will perform...