Oric controller for exchange

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
jorodr
Flying Officer

Oric controller for exchange

Post by jorodr »

Hello guys,
I'm looking for 3" drive for my Atmos. I have several Cumana controllers, so I could trade one of them for WORKING 3" drive. I don't need the case, I need only the drive. So if you need a controller, but you have spare drive, I'll be glad to trade.
Best regards,
George
Igotafro
Officer Cadet

Re: Oric controller for exchange

Post by Igotafro »

Hm, the drive from a Amstrad PCW8256 isn't compatible, is it?
highwayman
Flying Officer

Post by highwayman »

i think the amscrap drives work,
but check the belt.

i saw a couple of years back on an amscrap forum that if you leave the drive unused for years the drive-belt stretches & goes into an oval shape that wont spin cleanly.

they where locating new belts btw.
jorodr
Flying Officer

Post by jorodr »

I have tried with Amstrad drive a year ago, but with no success. The drive was from working CPC 128 and I have rebuilt the cable carefully. I have no explanation why it's not working, all the signals were at right plase. T have feeling that the drive were spin slowly than on real Amstrad. The drive were spin, but the data had not read :( It's strange, because the Oric drive could work on PC, and the Amstrad drive could work on PC.
Igotafro
Officer Cadet

Post by Igotafro »

My drive belt was bad, but I replaced it last year with a new one from ebay. I will test it on my microdrive then, but I'm on vacation for another couple of weeks.