ATMOS to Modern TV - good news at last

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
barnsey123
Flight Lieutenant

ATMOS to Modern TV - good news at last

Post by barnsey123 »

At last, I've got a decent picture on an LCD TV from an ATMOS and the Retroshack RGB->scart lead.

I had to use a spare analogue DVD recorder with SCART input/output.
Connected the ATMOS to the AV IN on the recorder and AV OUT went to the TV. Connecting directly to the TV didn't really work out.

The thing I didn't do last time was to alter the AV IN settings on the recorder to RGB. A schoolboy error.

Now, finally after 30 years a rock solid, crystal clear display is possible without all that nasty UHF interference. I can barely believe it.

Another thing I did was to get a new powersupply (from PRS Electronics in Liverpool who were really helpful.) It's a universal PWM Regulated AC/DC adaptor and is called an MW EVOLUTION (MWS9211GS). At 9V it outputs 1100mA (necessary for Cumulus?) It also has Automatic Overload, Thermal cutoff and short circuit protection. Result!!! :D :D :D
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Nice one! I'm personally on the lookout for an LCD TV with SCART input that I can use for my Atmos .. like you, I was also flabbergasted at having an Atmos output on my TV free of UHF interference, but now what I need is more space than that afforded by this old TV I'm using ..

;)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

This Funai TV works fine on the Oric as well, the photos I took of the screen on the "Irq problems" forum thread were taken on it.

The quality of the picture is not awesome, but the tv was dead cheap, and it actually works fine :)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Can you tell me the model #? I'm actually looking for a few of these cheap LCD TV's that I can use with my Atmos collection ..
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Funai LCD-A1506
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

My Samsung LE32B650 (32") works marvelously with my Oric, but my 22" from LG that I use as computer monitor does not work as well :(

That strange :D (the Samsung is a A/DTV, where the LG is a ATV, so it should work better...)

And I use on both RGB/SCART input