Oric ROM wanted

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
Vyper68
Pilot Officer

Oric ROM wanted

Post by Vyper68 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:47 pm

Does anyone have a V1.1 or V1.0 ROM they will part with?

I currently have an EPROM and won’t be able to use my Cumana interface with it due to the ROMDIS signal.
Bazinga!

Chema
Game master

Re: Oric ROM wanted

Post by Chema » Thu May 30, 2019 6:51 pm

You'd probably hang me, but I kept my original Oric-1 ROM in a drawer for years, and only recently lost it. No idea where on Earth it is..

This being said, there is a trick to be able to use an EPROM with a disk unit. It required some hardware doing, but nothing too difficult IIRC. Search a bit around the forum and you'll surely find it.

Vyper68
Pilot Officer

Post by Vyper68 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:30 pm

I have read some details on fitting a LS00 to IC11 and cutting a track, Ideally I would rather have a real V1.1 or a V1.0 as I had fitted the Mod to stop the AY getting damaged prior to fixing the Oric.
I will keep looking and asking as I will always be useful to have one....

Does the Pravetz ROM work in Oric-1's and can it use a Microdisc or Cumana Disk Interface???
Bazinga!

iss
Squad Leader

Post by iss » Fri May 31, 2019 4:01 pm

Vyper68 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:30 pm
Does the Pravetz ROM work in Oric-1's and can it use a Microdisc or Cumana Disk Interface???
Yes, Pravetz ROM works with any controller. But it's actually exact copy of early Atmos ROM (1.1). Differences are only:
- not fixed CLOAD/CSAVE routines
- Cyrillic chars in place of small Latin letters
- keyboard translation table.

Better use the real Atmos ROM (1.1b). If you need really Cyrillic chars you can always load them 'dynamically' from TAP or from disk file.