Ordered a ULA, got this..

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
Fwapp
Private

Ordered a ULA, got this..

Post by Fwapp »

Hi folks - I'm hoping you can shed a little light on a chip I've been sent.

I ordered a couple of ULA's for my Oric 1 (as a just in case) from an eBay seller overseas. Instead of the HCS10017 I was expecting, I received some HC12607 / MA 0219 000 instead. The seller has since sorted me for the correct chip, but did not know what he had sent me.

As the chips most likely came out of the box marked "Oric", does anyone know what they are? The style of print on the chip does match that of the Oric ULA.

I've uploaded a picture just in case that helps :)
Attachments
IMG_3161.JPG
Godzil
Squad Leader

Re: Ordered a ULA, got this..

Post by Godzil »

Fwapp wrote:Hi folks - I'm hoping you can shed a little light on a chip I've been sent.

I ordered a couple of ULA's for my Oric 1 (as a just in case) from an eBay seller overseas. Instead of the HCS10017 I was expecting, I received some HC12607 / MA 0219 000 instead. The seller has since sorted me for the correct chip, but did not know what he had sent me.

As the chips most likely came out of the box marked "Oric", does anyone know what they are? The style of print on the chip does match that of the Oric ULA.

I've uploaded a picture just in case that helps :)
You should have just end with a chinese fake part. Where did you buy this stuff? (I mean from which country?)
The only thing that could be related to the Oric is the three ULA used in the Telestrat, but I doubt it is.