Giveaway photocopies (how great ;) )

Here is the place to discuss about the magazines (CEO Mag, OUM, Rhetoric, Theoric, Hebdogiciel, ... are all welcome here) and books.
Symoon
Archivist

Giveaway photocopies (how great ;) )

Post by Symoon »

Hi,

Before trashing, one nevers knows... Would anyone be interested in photocopies (old but bound or stapled) of French things:
- manuel de l'Oric-1 (complete)
- Visa pour Oric (Soracom - complete)
- Guide de l'Oric (PSI - Philippe Bayvejiel - only chapters on graphic and sound)
- some listings from Hebdogiciel

I'll keep them until mid-July, after this... Bye-bye ;)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Giveaway photocopies (how great ;) )

Post by ibisum »

I'd surely love to have them, my kids are becoming type-in champions and any little snippets we can collect for them to have around the Oric station is a bonus. Can I pay for postage? PM me your details and I'll go for it.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Great!
Beware though, except Hebdogiciel, the rest are similar to Oric manuals - no type-ins.
If that's no problem, I'll mail you all this within a few weeks.

Edit: the shipping cost to UK or Austria (not sure where you're located) seems quite expensive (12.65€). I'll let you decide if it's worth it for old French papers ;)
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

You should scan them, and e-mail them it will be cheaper ;)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

It sure would ! Problem: I really have no time to scan hundreads of pages ;)
That being said, Hebdogiciel magazines are almost all scanned at http://www.abandonware-magazines.org !
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Hi Simon
I can easily scan all these mags. May be the archive could be put on the site for all oricians.
So the post must be cheaper inside france.

Didier
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Well, Ibisum's call as he was the 1st ;)
Ibisum, tell me if that's ok for the price or if I send them to Didier so he can scan them.

Guys, don't forget they are just old phootocopies - Didier I think if you want to scan the books, you'd better use an original one.
As for the Oric-1 manual, I think it's been already scanned but I can't recall where it was stored.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Its okay with me if Didier wants to scan them and it makes sense too - that way we all win!
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Right, let's go this way then ;)
(Ibisum, I can't help but think it was not worth the shipping cost anyway ;) )
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Sy.. you are probably right, and I'm sure that anything unique in your stack will be well noted by us all having access to the scans .. So .. I don't mean in any way to be contrarian, but in a 'broader stroke' on this topic, it has to be stated that my kids and I have come to value the offline nature of the computer books we've got in our little Oric work area, as it makes for a focused and interesting session as well as puts the education side squarely back in the 'reading a book' category (invaluable in this day and age, to see that skill developed in young minds) .. hope you understand, so actually I'm on a bit of a surge with regards to getting Oric/Atmos (and other old system) docs in hardcopy form. It makes it viable to leave up in the mountain hut, solar powered computing with no network connectivity, a few nice pages to read in the loo, and so on .. ;) Actually the nicest thing lately has to have been witnessing my 3 year old attentively thumbing through "Games for your Oric" and looking, carefully, at the pictures, while also trying to decipher what the words were. He got a few SHOOT's and POKE's right, not bad for a young 'un.

So, like, for the record, my avid trainspotter interest in Oric docs is primarily motivated by such factors. :)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Hehe, I perfectly understand - reading on paper is sometimes much more enjoyable than on screen.
Anyway, if Didier is OK with that, maybe he can send the docs to you once he has finished scanning them, if you wish - though it may be cheaper to print them again from the scanned files ;)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Heh, yeah .. I can just print what new stuff comes out of the scan effort. Great that Didier is volunteering, thanks mate!
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

ibisum wrote:Heh, yeah .. I can just print what new stuff comes out of the scan effort. Great that Didier is volunteering, thanks mate!
Hello,

I'll post next step.
At my office, i've a good printer / scan / mail so i can easily scan papers (not books which ask for a manual task)
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga