Using BDDISK

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Using BDDISK

Post by Steve M »

Hi Folks,

Not sure the best place to post this. Feel free to move it DBUG.
I've been trying to use BDDISK to convert a tape for an online contact. I copied him some 3" disks including BDDISK. He said when he tried to use BDDISK he just got the Searching... .... message.

I've just tried to get my system working and using a different disk I get the same thing. It won't load. If I unplug the disk system the tape starts to load.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I can't figure out what may be wrong. :roll:
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Using BDDISK

Post by Symoon »

Hi Steve,

2 options I think.
1st, a bug in Sedoric, see there (English explanations at the bottom of the page)
http://www.oric.org/index.php?page=comm ... ail&id=180

2nd, hardware problem, which I'm experiencing and have no solution for. Among my 4 Atmoses and 2 Oric-1, IIRC only the Oric-1 is able to load a file when the microdisc is plugged. As far as I've understood, it's because when the microdisc is plugged, the power on the bus is too weak to allow the tapes working correctly, at least on some machines. Being no hardware guy, I don't know how this could be solved.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Thanks for replying, Simon.

I think It worked OK before with BDDISK so I suspect a hardware issue somewhere. BDDISK worked previously.
I shall try swapping the Atmos and maybe changing cables.

Do you need an Atmos? I still owe you some stuff. :oops:
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

So did you have any success swapping the Atmos?

I have no memory of you owing me anything! :?:
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Haven't had chance to try again yet. It is strange.

I have Megabase manual and some other things - I can't find the list I made of your 'wants'. I think some of the language tapes?
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I've changed cables on the disk interface to the drive and got BDDISK to load but can't get a good transfer of the tape. If I put both cables in the tape player it fails to load. Very odd.