How about putting Euphoric on Softpedia?

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Brana
Flying Officer

How about putting Euphoric on Softpedia?

Post by Brana »

Hello everybody and happy new 2012 year :)

I was curious to see is there an Euphoric emulator available for download at Softpedia?
And to my surprise - it isn't!

So, how about uploading the final version of Euphoric to www.softpedia.com ?

I suppose that the author of the software should do the actual upload
(this is just the idea from my side).

Best regards
Brana
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I can't remember having ever used Softpedia for anything. What would be the interest in adding Euphoric there?

The problem with this kind of site is that people go there and get the file, and they never ever see the original website of the author of the application. Which imo sucks majorly.

It's like google indexing news of news sites so people never go to the newspaper site. Or like sites that gets their content from other's people blogs, so the blog itself is never visited. In short, this kind of site is a good idea for the lazy person but is the kind of parasitic thing I wish would disappear from the web :)
Brana
Flying Officer

Re: How about putting Euphoric on Softpedia?

Post by Brana »

Well - just a half an hour ago I needed some small Windows Utility program for simple locking my keyboard (so that my pet cat can't mess with the keyboard while the computer was defragmenting...)

And I did what every normal Internet user would do - that was - I typed "Keyboard Locker Program" on Google.com :)

Google search resulted with about 138.000.000 results (Wow?!?) so I just pick fist free one from the list, downloaded, installed, and found out that it DOES NOT WORK on WinXP!!!

Then I went to Softpedia and typed exactly the same words (Keyboard Locker).

Softpedia found only 11 FREE results, and again I just picked FIRST ONE from the list.

IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM :)

ON ALL Windowses!!! :))

(Yes, it works even on my Win98!)

And do I want to visit the site of the programmer?
(Softpedia offered me this choice!)

No - why should I want to do that??? :P

In conclusion - the idea of putting the Euphoric on the site such as Softpedia might increase the number of people interested in Euphoric usage with time...

But then again - I do admit that Softpedia might NOT BE the best place to represent the author's Web Site(s)...
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: How about putting Euphoric on Softpedia?

Post by Dbug »

On Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, if I search for "oric emulator", the first link is Fabrice's page with Euphoric.
Not sure that it needs more than that.

If somebody searching for an oric emulator is not able to find it with a normal search engine then he will no find it with softpedia :)

That being said, feel free to contact Fabrice with your idea, after all he is the author of the program and should probably the one having the last word on that.