Unreleased programs

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
mcoder
Private

Unreleased programs

Post by mcoder »

Ok, I have several cassettes here.
They contain 2 unreleased games (one vertical scroll game and an action game), plus several tools, like my own assembler (OrBit).
The games are Lunar Lander (Epsilon Software), and One (Titus).

I'm in search of somebody who is willing to dump these. Preferably near my home: I live in France, Seine-et-Marne and I work in Paris.

Any volunteer ?

JC
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Welcome JC.

I think Symoon is your man !

He is the Oric world official transfert man. Seriously, he is probably the person with the most experience in transfering/validating/checking tapes.

By the way, on the french forum, some people have been talking about the Oric version of "One":
http://www.oricgames.com/forum,fr,66,88,5.html
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Hi there,

Wow, very interesting :)
Dbug is right, I'll be glad to transfer the tape !

2 possibilities:
- if the tape is not an original, I can deal with a WAV file of the tape (I'll tell you exactky which format)
- if you can't record the tape to WAV, or if you have artwork with it (I'll scan it), then we can meet somewhere (I live in Paris and work at Saint-Ouen)

Transferring the tape will require a few weeks as I can only do this 1 or 2 weekends every month. Next sessions are scheduled on October 27th and November 10th ;)

My contact details (email) are here: http://mercenarysite.free.fr/oric/oric_transfers.html
mcoder
Private

Post by mcoder »

Wow !
I remember I worked near December 1984 or 1985 at the duplicator of Cobra Pinball, simply because I was trying to finish Lunar Lander (the protection was not copiable, because I used some weird format).

Too bad it's not restored, Cobra Pinball is probably one of the best Oric games.

JC