New Oric?

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Twilighte
Game master

New Oric?

Post by Twilighte »

Hi As part of the large batch of Oric stuff i acquired about a year ago, i came across this...

Is this really a German keyboard layout?
Unfortunately it is just a keyboard, no main board :(
But possibly unique.
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

Apart the 3 keys on the right side of the keyboard with ö and ü on it, what is very surprising is the inversion of the keys "Y" and "Z" :P

Maybe some one that tried to make its own custom keyboard for his Oric (that would explain also why you do not have the mainboard with it)
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

haha, after a few research, it might be a SWISS keyboard !
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Well due to my recent move i have given this somewhat unique keyboard to Fabrice Frances. :wink:
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Interesting, well perhaps it is. There is also a slight chance that one of the many Chips i gave to Steve Marshall is the ROM for this machine.
I am surprised they never did azerty layoutfor French, but apparently all prototyping was only ever done in UK. I got this info from Andre Cheramy and others whilst at the CEO meet a couple of weekends ago.
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

May be they designed some french keyboard layout, but for some low cost mass production considerations they stuck with the original "international" and generic layout.

What I never understood is why they never gave to the Oric Telestrat some better graphics in order to compete with other actors such like commodore, thomson, and later on Atari or Amiga. I am pretty sure that this what lead to the fall of Oric. Dommage...
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Actually at least one thing was planed on the Telestrat, I remember the Oric magazines where talking about a 80 columns text mode...