Wordspeed by Ray McLaughlin

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Symoon
Archivist

Wordspeed by Ray McLaughlin

Post by Symoon »

Hi all,

I just found a copy of Wordspeed, which it seems is not available anywhere yet.
I suppose it would be no problem to share it now, but I always hate doing that without at least trying to ask first.

Does anyone around know what Ray McLaughlin is up to these days, and if we can get in touch with him?
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Wordspeed by Ray McLaughlin

Post by Symoon »

Mmmh, well, I'll keep asking here and there for a moment, and if nobody knows, I'll upload it.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I think I may have a note from him saying it was OK to distribute his software.
He always seemed very busy and had less and less time for the Oric towards the end of OUM.
I believe he was into classic motorbikes like the British BSM bikes which usually involve hours of being taken apart and then being bolted back together again before being taken apart to fix again.

Wordspeed was rather good, from what I remember. I think it was originally written for the Byte Drive setup before being improved and released on Sedoric.

(Did I scan the manual? I have it anyway, so give me a nudge if it needs doing. )
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Steve M wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:58 pm I think I may have a note from him saying it was OK to distribute his software.
(...)
(Did I scan the manual? I have it anyway, so give me a nudge if it needs doing. )
Hey Steve, thanks for the information.
I didn't find back Wordspeed manual in the scans I downloaded from you (I found Wordworth), so either I missed it, either it's o the "to do" list ;)
That woud be great having it indeed.
But I'm going to say "no hurry" as I still have several things to upload from you - HRC keeps me busy!
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Yes, I can't find a scan. I may have skipped it for some reason. I'll add it to my list of things to do.

Actually I need to add 'making a to do list'. That could be awkward! Ha.,