Euphoric on sf.net is go and an update or 3

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
nodoid
2nd Star Corporal

Euphoric on sf.net is go and an update or 3

Post by nodoid »

I'm in the process of building the statutory couple of crap pages for Euphoric on sourceforge.

However, I have set up the mailing lists

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=175901

The lists are...

user : everyone
tester : those who use the test and/or stable release
developer : those who code

While I appreciate that everyone will want to be on the developer list, could you please think - "am I going to submit code and patches?". If you're not, don't sign up.

Quick updates

1. I've asked Fabrice for all of the sources (including patches) and will hopefully get them from him soonish

2. I've also asked for the sources to the utilities if he has them

3. Quite a lot of progress has been made on re-writing the assembler into C. It's slow going but is getting there. I'm not going to pencil in an interim release date as there are lots of variables in this, but in the next couple of weeks is realistic - it won't be all C though.
A man of all seasons, especially paprika and cayenne pepper
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

That sounds good :)

I will not subscribe to the list, because I have really no time I can regularly spend on such projects (I know, I already miserably failed helping fabrice on Atmosfairy after I said I would...), so I prefer to be out, but just help on specific situations if it can really help leverage thins in domains where I can do the difference.

So, don't hesitate to contact me if you need a temporary help, will try to provide assistance as much as my constrained calendar allows :)

Typicaly, what I can do is to do Windows builds to check if it compiles on Visual C++ 6/.net (things I use at home and at work), because I found out among years of programming that using a blend of various compilers really helps finding bugs and problems :)
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

I wanted to get the cvs to port it to BeOS but... well there isn't much yet. :^)
I can use some zip I found but I'm not sure it's the latest, would be best to have it in.
nodoid
2nd Star Corporal

Post by nodoid »

mmu_man wrote:I wanted to get the cvs to port it to BeOS but... well there isn't much yet. :^)
I can use some zip I found but I'm not sure it's the latest, would be best to have it in.
Yeah, sorry about that - I've been snowed under with my new job. I'll get things going over the weekend
A man of all seasons, especially paprika and cayenne pepper
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

cool, thx. No hurry, I have a batch file to get files from the dev bot to the laptop to test them anyway. But euphoric seems to not like XP... locks up quite easily.