The "Jonas" clone and other Theoric stuffs

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Godzil
Squad Leader

The "Jonas" clone and other Theoric stuffs

Post by Godzil »

I've got a few theoric this weekend during the RGC 2015 ((astro)fra you where there on Sunday and didn't even try to see me :o) and was reading the issue 7 and found page 29 a story about a clone of the Atmos from the US which would be named "Jonas".

Is anyone ever heard of it? Did it really exist?

Also on another Theoric (maybe the same in fact) it seems that a company in Nice build an external box, named TVS, that would provide a ATMOS compatible ROM for the 1 but it seems that there were some slight changes (like the default screen color which are green text on black background)
I wonder if anyone have this, or a dump of the ROMs, I wonder if it's really a copy of the ATMOS ROM (in that case there is a clear infringement) or just something that is claimed to be compatible.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Re: The "Jonas" clone and other Theoric stuffs

Post by Steve M »

I hadn't really noticed that. There isn't a picture and I don't recall any further mention of this, so I wonder if it ever got made.

Doesn't it mention it being made in Hawaii? I can tell you that Hawaii airlines used Atmos computers to log passenger lists etc - because they sent me a couple of Atmoses. Maybe if real Atmoses were available then it meant the clones weren't needed?

I guess it'd be hard to find out now
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Steve M wrote:I can tell you that Hawaii airlines used Atmos computers to log passenger lists etc - because they sent me a couple of Atmoses.
Really? With which software? Orics in real applications back then. I know about spectrums +microdrives in small business and later on Amstrad CPCs and QLs but Orics? I always thought the Atmos and disks came too late.

I would love to hear more about that kind of business applications :)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I'm not sure. I think they used a basic database and maybe a word processor but I' didn't get any of that.