What size for a disk box ?

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
coco.oric
Squad Leader

What size for a disk box ?

Post by coco.oric »

Hello,

I'm searching what's the best size to keep an oric real disk (for example, with tyrann - 3" or 3,5")
I think that a paper box could be sympathic to keep these softwares with our k7 collection.

What will be the better size for the box ?

- k7 box tansoft size (very popular in the 80's) - but which is very closed to the disk size
- k7 box infogrames size (a little bit larger)
- dvd box size
- near A5 size

???
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: What size for a disk box ?

Post by Dbug »

For 3" floppies, my favorite is just the crystal casing that came with the usual Amstrad floppies :)
I guess second would be something like a DVD/BlueRay box, it's not too large and you can have either 3.5 or 3 inches floppies in the same case, and you still have room for some leaflet documentation.

It's nice to get an awesome big cardboard box with goodies, manual, etc... but in practice they take room, have no standardized size, get crushed, etc...
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Dbug wrote:For 3" floppies, my favorite is just the crystal casing that came with the usual Amstrad floppies :)
That's funny I always though that the 3" floppy came with that crystal case, all the one I own have this case.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

None of my disks are with my K7s, so I'd opt for something simple that will allow it to go with the other disks. A K7 box might not do that.