An introduction

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: An introduction

Post by Dbug »

polluks wrote:batariBASIC and IntvBASIC? pretty cool!
I also suggest cc65, you can use the generated symbols in the emulator...
I'm actually interested: How many people on the Oric are using the osdk, how many are using frasm (I know Fabrice still uses it), how many are using cc65, and is anyone using other systems like KickAssembler or similar?
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Dbug wrote:
polluks wrote:batariBASIC and IntvBASIC? pretty cool!
I also suggest cc65, you can use the generated symbols in the emulator...
I'm actually interested: How many people on the Oric are using the osdk, how many are using frasm (I know Fabrice still uses it), how many are using cc65, and is anyone using other systems like KickAssembler or similar?
I also plan to add an Oric target to the Amsterdam Compiler Kit as it already support the 6502, but I don't expect lots of people using it ;)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Yes, as has been mentioned, it is better to write for the Atmos (V1.1 ROM) which is a little different to the Oric-1.

There are various assemblers if you want to go that route, but there seem to be issues with each of them. (I'm no expert. )

Jonathan (Twilighte) Bristow wrote numerous utilities for graphics and sound so it's worth having a look at his programs.
His old website has a lot http://twilighte.oric.org/twinew/start.htm