Atmos logo sticker missing

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Chema
Game master

Atmos logo sticker missing

Post by Chema »

As you know my Atmos is without the logo sticker from ages. I dropped the idea of getting my hands on one, so I decided to try to make one by printing it on photographic paper.

I found what seemed a good image of the logo, so I made it the correct size and printed it. Here is the result:
image.jpg
Unfortunately the design is not correct, I noticed. The C in the Oric letters is too 'open', the ATMOS characters are not thin enough and the K in 48K is not in capital letters. I even think the size is not correct.

So I wonder if someone could help me taking a good picture of the logo for me. I should be completely horizontal, evenly illuminated and with quite high resolution. That way I could make a more decent logo replacement for my poor Atmos...
iss
Wing Commander

Re: Atmos logo sticker missing

Post by iss »

I have a disassembled Atmos box, tomorrow morning I'll scan the logo on flat scanner at high resolution for you.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Cool! Thanks. If you could also send me the correct size it would be wonderful
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

The real logo looks like this :

The logo that you probably used from the internet is

The C and R letters are different from the real logo in this logo. I checked the font used in the real logo and it looks like the letters are most suitable with "The Luxx" font which is not available freely and commercial one.

So I try to re-create the logo with that font like this..

I believe its more "look-like" the real one like this..
Attachments
oric logo.png
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Here you are: scan:2400dpi format:bmp size:24MB (g00gle drive shared for everyone)

peacer work is good too 8)

Dimensions:
OricAtmos-logo-H.jpg
OricAtmos-logo-V.jpg
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Thanks guys... I'll see what I can do with this...

peacer, your work is really good. There are still some differences though, like the red bar which does not touch the R in the original :)

Thanks indeed!
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Can some one do a really high resolution scan of the original logo? (In fact we need scan from the Oric itself, but from other sources like box etc..)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

The link in the above post from iss is a quite high resolution scan. It needs some cleaning and (worst of all) should be vectorized somehow to produce a clean image.

I will have a look at how this could be done... but I have no expertise, so dont expect a quick result... nor anything really good quality :(
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Oops sorry I didn't see this link :)

The file is big because of BMP format, but the resolution could be better, unfortunately I don't have a scanner to scan my own Atmos (if I can find where I put it...)

But the picture is quite clean, I will see if something could be done with it, vectorisation shouldn't be hard, the image is simple
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

I tried to clean and retouch the scanned image, than convert it to vector image by http://www.autotracer.org/

Cleaned image

Vectorised form

You can download the vector logo as "Oric Logo.svg" from here : http://puu.sh/eeYQD/79418c5fc0.svg
Attachments
Image3.png
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

The vector form should not be used as it is not correct especially on the ATMOS 48K part... (even the cleaned bitmap version have some problem)

For exemple, the red bar on the high part of the O there is a print problem on the original.

The R leg nearly touch the I which is not the case on your version and the O touch the red bar on the bottom, it shouldn't.

I thinks that the vectorisation should only be done by hand and without trying to "clean" the original image...
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

This is all I can do :) I hope you do it better and everybody use it...
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

I also tried vectorizing the bitmap and my results are worse :(

I think we should take another approach... Maybe drawing everything from scratch with the original pic as background for reference...
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

peacer wrote:This is all I can do :) I hope you do it better and everybody use it...
Please don't take it personally, your is at least better than the previous existing one.

Chema: I fear that this is the only solution..

It possible that someone else do a scan of his own sticker? I want to compare different version to be sure that some part are not printing problems
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Okay guys. I know the letters ATMOS 48K may need tweaking, but spot the differences :)
logovectorial.png
I also attach the svg with the layer structure ready for editting in inkscape. It includes the original bitmap as a separate (hidden) layer and one layer for the ORIC, another one for the red bar, another one for the ATMOS48K lettering and the black background with the correct size to cut and stick to the Oric's case.
oriclogodecero.zip
(473.85 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
This is just version 1, please comment.