Where to find stocks of ULAs?

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Spirantho
Private

Where to find stocks of ULAs?

Post by Spirantho »

Hi everybody,

I've been working on my spares section of my shop... I've now got stocks of awkward chips like SIDs, and TEDs, and the like... but I also have a soft spot for the Oric, so I'm wanting to buy about 50 ULAs so I can offer an oric repair service, and spare ULAs. I read that in 2004 a large stock of the chips was found.

Are these still available? If so, does anybody have an up-to-date contact address so I can buy some?

Thanks!
Ian Gledhill
ian@mutantcaterpillar.co.uk (but put a '-' between "mutant" and "caterpillar")
www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for repairs, spares and (of course) software!
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Where to find stocks of ULAs?

Post by Symoon »

Are you asking the oricians where to buy ULAs so you can sell them to the oricians? :mrgreen:
(sorry, couldn't resist :wink: )

Ps: seriously, no idea where to buy them
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

I am quite sure there is a post somewhere in this forum about a stock of ULAs in eBay. Sorry can't remember where, but should be easy to find.
Spirantho
Private

Post by Spirantho »

@Symoon:

Yes, that's exactly what I want to do. :)
But the stocks that were found back in 2004 or whenever were only available in bulk. What I do is buy the chips in quantity of about 50 or so, and then sell them singularly. It also allows me to open an Oric Repair Service to go with my Commodore Repair Service and Spectrum Repair Service. I can't do that at the moment (I still repair them, but only when asked) because I can't guarantee a repair while I don't have stocks of ULAs.

@Chema

eBay is a very inefficient way of buying in bulk.... I prefer find the source if I can. :)

Edit:
I found the eBay listing in Bulgaria, $6 each. What the heck... bought 20 of them. Should keep me going for a bit. I left the seller with 9 chips so that other people can get them cheap, I don't want to take them all and make profit from them.
Oric Repair Service here we come. :)
Ian Gledhill
ian@mutantcaterpillar.co.uk (but put a '-' between "mutant" and "caterpillar")
www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for repairs, spares and (of course) software!