Cumulus Preorder Thread

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Cumulus Preorder Thread

Post by Dbug »

Important message, please read.

A significant number of Cumulus units have been produced by Boris/Metadata and sent to the people who ordered them.

I've not gotten any recent update on who received theirs, and I have not got any answers to my messages sent to Boris.

At this point I do not know if he will/can continue to produce the Cumulus units, but since he was able to produce them from the documents Retromaster gave us, I believe other people could build some (documents are on http://miniserve.defence-force.org/svn/ ... e/cumulus/)

Based on that, I will continue to add people names on the list, so we can know how many potential persons are interested: It may not happen, it may be that Boris will reappear and continue, or it may be somebody else taking over.

If anyone knows Boris and can give us information on his whereabouts, please contact me.
If you think you can produce Cumulus, same thing.

The whole point of having a centralized place was to be able to handle this kind of situation, and that was also the reason why there was not pre-payment - this way nobody gets abused.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(
sjm
Private

Post by sjm »

Hi, I am in the UK and would like to get a Cumulus if possible. Many thanks. (EDIT: DONE)
kenshigros
Private

Post by kenshigros »

Hi
I know it is the pre-order thread and I have ordered already but is there any news so far about Cumulus being made or not ?
Just asking because I like very much to have one and it seems to not be found elsewhere?
Well sorry to ask but I do not see any progres in this thread...
Thank you for reading me and sorry for my english

Alex

EDIT: Could you please just read my previous message, the one on the top of the page where you posted.
Thanks
Bieno
Officer Cadet

Post by Bieno »

Hello

New here, with an Atmos and a Oric 1.
Please, put me on the Cumulus list. (EDIT: DONE)

Bieno
EamonShoot
Private

Post by EamonShoot »

Please add me to the preorder list. Saw one of these awesome devices in use at the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester recently and can't wait to get hold of one! Fingers crossed. (EDIT: DONE)

Many thanks
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Hi everyone, as Dbug said earlier it will be nice if everyone that receive one Cumulus could check if they has been noted as received.

Current waitlist is about 100 pieces, only 34 have been put as received, I'm sure there were more that was send by metadata.

So please verify that you are on the received list if you got yours. As there is news from metadata currently, we may need to do a batch of build from another source.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

(as some people may miss the edit on my previous post, I'll repost as a new post)
I have created a gdoc survey for the future of the cumulus production:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uUSQvb ... Y/viewform

The answer summary could be seen here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uUSQvb ... wanalytics

Please answer this survey to have a clear view of the current demand, the main idea is to be able to prepare a batch for the current queue.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

I have the feeling that some people registered here to ask for their units and, once received, may not come back to read these messages... :(

Creating a new survey for an alternative production is a good idea, imho.
kerkyra2007
1st Star Corporal

Post by kerkyra2007 »

Please spread the message to accumulate the buyers again and give us the opportunity to enjoy such a good hardware for our ORIC's
tingo
Pilot Officer

Post by tingo »

The survey is a nice idea; thanks for doing it.
Torfinn
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Question: Should we keep the survey on this thread, or create a new one with the survey, and then close this thread with one last message saying that new Cumulus development has been moved there?
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

As you prefer
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

I answered the survey, mostly to express that I'm still interested in buy two Cumulii for me and my friend. And I who don't even own a fully working Oric yet (still the one with keyboard issue, but my friend will help me replace the PSG any day now).
Anders Carlsson
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Godzil wrote:As you prefer
It's mostly that if you make a new post, your poll will be at the start of the message, while here it will slowly get eaten away by other people posting.
geo1977
Private

Post by geo1977 »

Please 1 for me (EDIT: DONE, you probably also want to fill Godzil's poll)