Oriic sneaky preview

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Oriic sneaky preview

Post by Xeron »

Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Niice :)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Very nice! Is this why I haven't seen any updates to Oricutron in SVN lately? I've been doing almost-regular "svn update"'s to see what you're up to, but its been unusually quiet! :)
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Wonderful :idea:

I don't have the homebrew channel on my wii but it's a good reason !
Can it be possible to put a list of games in :?:
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Really nice!

It is clear that the release of oricutron sources and its cross-platform nature is giving out very nice results!
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Well, Oriic is also entirely my own work ;-)

As for the Oricutron quietness, its actually because i've been busy with my degree work, and my Amiga projects.

But Oricutron and Oriic are far from dead. I still have lots to do!
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Xeron - I've been working on a port of Oricutron to the Creative Labs' Zii Egg (Plaszma) platform, and I'm just wondering if the virtual keyboard you've implemented for Oriic is going to make its way into the main oricutron sources? Right now I'm just using the Plaszma-provided popup keyboard (similar to that of the iPhone) to push chars into Oricutron-Zii, but I have been thinking about adding a more general-purpose keyboard overlay in SDL .. whats your plans there?
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Well, i had no plans to back port the overlay keyboard. Oriic doesn't use SDL at all, i'm using the Wii GX API directly. I can give you access to the Wii sources if you want to look at them?
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

No, its okay.. I just wanted to alert you to the fact that I'm working on a keyboard overlay - right now its only for Plaszma (Zii Egg), but if it turns out to be useful I'll work out how to add it to the existing Oriculator ..
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Well, since that sneaky preview, I did absolutely nothing at all with Oriic until now (I was concentrating on improving Oricutron).

Last night I did some more work. I merged in the latest 6502 and VIA changes from Oricutron, and added sound support. I also added options to change the machine type from the settings menu.

Still lots to do. As it stands there is no way to load tape or disk images. In fact, there is no disk emulation at all in Oriic.

Still, it can ZAP, SHOOT, PING and EXPLODE now ;-)
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

There is now a google code project for Oriic:

http://code.google.com/p/oriic

so if anyone wants to help with it, let me know.