Oricutron v0.1 (now 0.8)

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Oricutron 0.6 is now available for Windows and AmigaOS.

Changes since 0.5:

* If you type CLOAD"", THEN insert a tape, it will now load properly even with turbotape enabled.
* Now outputs the mono audio as two identical stereo channels again. It seems some targets don't like mono audio.
* Fixed some compilation warnings
* The files/dirs in the SDL filerequesters are now sorted (thanks ibisum!)
* AY Envolope Per H now shown correctly in debugger
* Included AmigaGuide version of readme (thanks to Stefan Haubenthal)
* Better argument parsing (thanks Revolf)
* Navigating in menus with cursor keys now cycles round at the top/bottom.
* Menus have keyboard shortcuts
* Auto-insertion of tapes should work better
* Various minor fixes
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

This is indeed EXCELLENT news Xeron. Thank you so much for this marvel!

I will test it as soon as possible.
Xeron wrote: Edit: So... do all register writes not take effect until the falling edge of BDIR, or is it just to do with the Oric keyboard logic?
Well, I am not the one to clarify this. Twilighte may help, or maybe I could ask Fabrice, but anyway I will try to find out.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I bundled it for Pandora and released it to the Pandora crowd through the App store:

http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/vi ... on_108.inf
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Hi all.

When creating a video for 1337 with oricutron 0.6 (windows version) I strumbled upon a problem. I want to check it is not my fault, before adding an issue in the project site.

First I know that it is using the MRLE codec. I thought I had it with Windows Media Player, but it refused to play the avi with some strange error. Quicktime plays it, but the image is not updated properly (as if some areas were not erased/updated with the new frame).

So I installed VLC 1.1.0 and he gives an error (broken video) when opening the avi and asks me if I want to repair it. Whether I choose yes or not doesn't matter: the image appears with different (wrong) colors each time I open the file.

I tried with oricutron 0.5 and the same problems appeared.

At this point I thought it was a problem with my hard/soft, so I uploaded the video to youtube. And guess what, image and colors are quite correct... it worked... almost.

If you watched the video you surely noticed a delay of over 1 sec in the audio. It is out of sync :(

So basically I am lost and don't know what else I can do. Any ideas? (apart from back to using dosbox+euphoric, that is...)

Cheers
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

The AVI export isn't perfect yet. I think I need to generate index chunks or something.

Anyway, for local playback I recommend MPlayer.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

:-)

Only the 2nd VIA and ram/rom banking emulated at this time. Also, it doesn't boot stratsed and prompt for hyperbasic/teleass yet. It seems to get stuck waiting for disk data, so problably something in the disk emulation.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Brilliant!
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Great Xeron!

Oricutron is getting more and more powerful... Thanks indeed!
Iapetus
Flying Officer

Post by Iapetus »

Awesome!
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

8)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Really nice!

Is that 5:4?

Orictutron is evolving really really fast! Congratulations and thank you very much indeed!
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

(EDIT: Thanks to SMM73 the problem is solved, I did not change the target system in the makefile.)

I tried to compile 'oricutron_src_v06.zip' on my Ubuntu PC, and it failed with an 'cc1: error: unrecognized command line option -mcrt...'.

I'd like to have Oricutron running on my eeePC (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS), can anyone help here? (/me Linux newb)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Would you be interesed in TAP files that load with Euphoric and not with Oricutron?
This happened to me with Krocatile Waltz, which has special loading routines but loads fine as a TAP file in Euphoric.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Have you tried it with turbo tape disabled?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Ah, I may have imagined something wrong, I thought the Turbo Tape mode was loading (more or less) like Euphoric loads TAP files, and the normal tape mode was the equivalent of Euphoric Loading WAV files. I guess that's not exactly it!

Anyway, just tried with the Turbo disabled, and the program then loads fine ;) (it crashes once loaded, but it loads fin when the Turbo mode displayed errors).