Gamebase Oric V1.00

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Gamebase Oric V1.00

Post by coco.oric »

dave3622 wrote:The V1.0 release is now available to download via 'Underground Gamer'. This release has 1164 games, many of which I have either typed in from Magazines or Books, or transfered from tapes. The Gamebase is still missing many rare games such as Tetrix which is a shame but if collectors are unwilling to share them then there's not a lot we can do. There are still a lot of games to be added, including many games from the 'Oric Owner' magazine so expect a V2 release sometime in the future.
Dave has done a big piece of work.
As it's sometimes difficult to get archives from Underground Gamer, you can find this release at :
http://dl.free.fr/kwPUQBG1R

Pay attention, you'll need 587.11 MB on your hard disk.
Didier
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Xeron
Emulation expert

Re: Gamebase Oric V1.00

Post by Xeron »

This is awesome! Great work dave, and thanks for the download coco!

You could make the download a bit smaller by deleting video00.avi in the Oricutron dir :)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Great stuff, I finally get a chance to try this out properly! :)

On the subject of Tetrix, has anyone contacted Andre Widhami, by any chance? He seems to still be rather a prolific software person, by the looks of it ..
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Xeron wrote:This is awesome! Great work dave, and thanks for the download coco!

You could make the download a bit smaller by deleting video00.avi in the Oricutron dir :)
Indeed. Thanks to both of you. I have downloaded it. BTW, you need some kind of application to use the GameBase, don't you? Sorry but I am not used to this...
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

You need to download GameBase from bu22.com.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Thanks Xeron. Will do asap.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Xeron wrote:This is awesome! Great work dave, and thanks for the download coco!

Oops, completely forgot that was there :oops:
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Chema wrote:Indeed. Thanks to both of you. I have downloaded it. BTW, you need some kind of application to use the GameBase, don't you? Sorry but I am not used to this...
You can also use : jgamebase at http://jgamebase.sourceforge.net
The emulation fonctions doesn't work as good with the original gamebase but i prefer this one to look at the oric catalog.
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I have made successful contact with Andre, the author of Tetrix, and he is going to see if he has something for us in the Oric department from his attic in the next few days! :) Crossing fingers that he joins us here soon and delights in reliving his Oric glory days with us all! :lol:
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

That's fantastic news ibisum. Fingers crossed :D
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Just a quick WIP update, my Gamebase now has a game count of 1300 games and I have managed to add several of the missing games I was searching for. There has also been a lot of work done tidying up the Gamebase with lots of new or corrected publisher/author info, improved screenshots and extras etc. I will not be releasing V2 until I am satisfied that I have added just about everything I can, however I am sure that by early next year that time will have come :)
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

the next version of oricutron will have good pravetz disk emulation, so maybe there will be some pravetz software to add?
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Can someone provide working download links for Gamebase and frontend? Thanks...
I can help in adding Pravetz software - just tell me what's needed.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Xeron wrote:the next version of oricutron will have good pravetz disk emulation, so maybe there will be some pravetz software to add?
I have added all the Pravetz games that are currently available from the site 'Hirudov.com' to my WIP V2. These are all in TAP format and were easily configured to load in Pravetz mode in Oricutron. I have not come across any disk based Pravetz games but I will gladly add any made available to me :) Do you have an ETA for the next Oricutron release?, I have tried to compile a WIP version to get around the '\' key issue but failed miserably :(
iss wrote:Can someone provide working download links for Gamebase and frontend? Thanks...
I can help in adding Pravetz software - just tell me what's needed.
I don't know of any working links to download my V1.0 Gamebase. I previously uploaded my releases to the 'Underground Gamer' website but this has closed since my last release due to 'Electronic Arts' getting upset about a copy of FIFA '98 being available to download there (allegedly) :roll:

I don't have a backup of my V1 Gamebase anymore, all backups are of the new V2 WIP. Also my upload speeds are appalling (40KBps), so if anyone can upload the last version to a file-sharing site then that would be much appreciated. :)
Alcofribas
Private

Post by Alcofribas »

iss wrote:Can someone provide working download links for Gamebase and frontend? Thanks...
http://dl.free.fr/he6UZ2bez