Gamebase Oric V1.00

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
iss
Wing Commander

Re: Gamebase Oric V1.00

Post by iss »

Thanks for link!
Downloaded and everything works in jGameBase as expected.
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

http://www.mediafire.com/?eqxeazka84so745
http://www.mediafire.com/?0zq47za9g80dteq
http://www.mediafire.com/?nys6zqwo7a77tgc

I uploaded the archive file to mediafire too in case the file is deleted again. Each part is 200 mbs. I think mediafire is quite fast to download.

Thanks Alcofribas :)
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

https://mega.co.nz/#!jkBWiAhR!FT_M8hfk9 ... dx2295ltvw

I've uploaded the archive to another place too. This is another -one part- mirror.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

I'm building up to the V2.0 release. The game count is currently 1364 and I am aiming for a release just before Christmas. I just have some games to type in from the 'Meteoric Programming for the Oric-1' book and a few odds and ends to add. Once done, the Gamebase will be pretty much as complete as it currently can be.

One book I have been unable to source is 'More games for your Oric' by Peter Shaw. This would add many more games to the list so if anyone has a spare copy you could sell or lend to me, please PM me. (I am a quick typist and could add them without missing the Christmas target!!!).

Thanks to all you guys who have helped me get the Gamebase to it's current size :)
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Just wonder if something is possible..

I am trying to transfer .tap images to .wav and load them in real oric and save them to disks.

To do this, I run the games from gamebase, then decide if I want that game to transfer or not.

Then, I use Oric explorer utility to get memory location infos of the file for machine code files. This is so diffucult as oric explorer has peculiar folder selection option. Then I convert them with tap2cd to .wav file.

Now my question comes.. Could it be possible for you to integrate the memory allocation information for each games under gamebase as the Oric explorer do? So I can finish the process described above with one less step.

A chance to create .tap file under gui screen with gamebase using tap2cd with option of disabling and enabling autorun would be heavenly too but not necessary :)
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Hi Peacer, I don't think it is possible for this to be done using the actual Gamebase software, it's just a basic front-end used to make loading the games easier. I'm not very technically minded when it comes to things like this, but what you described sounds like it would need to be implemented into the Emulator itself rather than the Gamebase GUI. If anyone can offer any better advice please do :)
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

@Peacer: I think it's possible. Pressing right mouse button on 'Play game' button pops a menu 'Manage' where you can configure emulators. Instead of an emulator you can configure *any* executable, bach-file etc. to be used with selected game. Having this - there is no limit what you can do with the file.... ;) Hope this helps.
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Thanks for the explanations :)

I was planning to create a program like ".tap player" . It is planned to browse hard disk for .tap files. Clicking on .tap file gives information of memory allocation and clicking "play" on it would automatically convert to wav by tap2cd implementation and plays it. So that, connecting oric and pc with audio cable would be enough to load tap files and run on Oric. Unfortunately this is another failed project of mine due to lack of talent on PC programming :)
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Well I certainly saved the worst book until last. 'Meteoric Programming for the Oric-1' has listings so badly bugged that they render the entire book worthless. If I had bought this back in the 80's I would have insisted on a refund, it is appallingly bad.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Whats a working frontend for MacOSX?
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Gamebase is java based, so it should run on OSX with no problems.
omelette
Officer Cadet

Post by omelette »

Whatever became of the 'Gamebase Oric' venture? 2013 is an awfully long time since the last post. I also read that you had contacted Andre Widhani, the author of Tetrix, for a copy of the game, yet David Craddock, the creator of Gamebase Oric and instigator of this thread, has a Youtube video where he is playing the game!!! Did Andre Widhani ever deliver a copy of the game? I've got the game if people are still looking for it.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Tetrix is available in the V3 release of Gamebase Oric. I was working on V4 but lost everything after my hard drive and backup drive crashed. Although V4 may never see the light of day I am still slowly adding new games just in case my motivation returns.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

dave3622 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:58 pm Tetrix is available in the V3 release of Gamebase Oric. I was working on V4 but lost everything after my hard drive and backup drive crashed. Although V4 may never see the light of day I am still slowly adding new games just in case my motivation returns.
Did you lose all of V3, or?
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Yes but I managed to find a copy online and re-downloaded it. Needless to say I now have considerably more back-up copies! Some of the type-in games I was adding to V4 were on a memory stick so that's saved me some time at least.