Alice In WonderGame

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Alice In WonderGame

Post by Godzil »

Alice in WonderGame
What the splash screen should have been...

ImageImage

This is my game ranked #4 of the Speed Coding competition during the AC2014 convention. This is only a demo of one minigame, more could come later.
This year theme was about Alice in Wonderland with a 2 player constrain. The presented minigame was a pull the rope like game, where you need to quickly presse two button to pull the rope on your side.

It is a really classical made game, using text mode for fast graphics, but works pretty well. (expect for the two arrow key left and down on my Oric that are not really happy to give a good feedback when pressed :o)

It can be downloaded here: Floppy version (Microdisc, 131Ko) - Tape version (3.8Ko)

More info here: http://box.godzil.net/~godzil/oric/Alic ... me/AC2014/

(edit: it take me only less than two hour to complet this demo apart for a keyboard problem, I wasn't really inspired by this year theme and constrain, I finally found something sunday morning, started to code around 10h for a release at 15h so it was a real "speed" coding, BTW it is my "first" game for the Oric, so please be kindly with this "game" :D)
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Re: Alice In WonderGame

Post by coco.oric »

I love your rabbit pic !
It's a speed rabbit coding party ; was there any turtle ?
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga